To see which requirements a course may fulfill you can check the “section attributes” of the course in Path@Penn as well as consult the list below (search by Course Title).
The table below includes the more common courses that satisfy the Cross-Cultural Perspectives (CCP) and General Education Distribution (Gen Ed)—Humanities (H); Natural Sciences, Math, and Engineering (NSME); Social Science (SS); Uncategorized/Flex Gen Ed Only (FGE)—courses offered at Penn. If you cannot find a particular course on the list, you may submit the course for review to see if it will satisfy a requirement. Please note the following:
- Courses that are counting toward the Cross-Cultural Perspectives requirement may not be taken pass/fail.
- “Yes-CDUS” in the CCP category refers to courses on U.S. cultural diversity. Students may only count one CDUS course toward the Cross-Cultural Perspectives requirement.
- Courses labeled “URE” may only be used as unrestricted electives.
- To satisfy the General Education Distribution requirement, students must take at least 1 CU in each of the following categories: Humanities (H); Natural Sciences, Math, and Engineering (NSME); and Social Science (SS). Courses in these three categories, as well as courses labeled “FGE,” may be used to fulfill the three flexible Gen Ed requirements.
- Students in the Management and Technology coordinated dual-degree program must take courses categorized as Social Science (SS) and/or Humanities (H) to fulfill their General Education Distribution requirements (i.e., no NSME or FGE courses). Also, students in this program may not fulfill the Cross-Cultural Perspectives requirements with courses in the Natural Sciences, Math, and Engineering (NSME) category.
- Students in the Nursing and Health Care Management coordinated dual-degree program must take 1 CU of Social Science and 1 CU of Humanities courses to fulfill their General Education Distribution requirements. Also, students in this program may not fulfill the Cross-Cultural Perspectives with courses in the Natural Sciences, Math, and Engineering (NSME) category.
Click on the headings to sort the list (click “shift” to sort by more than one) or use the filter options below.