For students entering Wharton in fall 2017 or later
ECON 010: Introduction to Economics for Business
ECON 010 covers introductory microeconomics and macroeconomics for business and must be taken in the fall of the freshman year.*
Please note the following:
- ECON 010 may be waived only if a student receives AP waivers for both microeconomics (ECON 001) and macroeconomics (ECON 002).
- Students who are waived from only ECON 001 may take either ECON 002 or ECON 010.
- Students who are waived from only ECON 002 may take either ECON 001 or ECON 010.
- Students who are interested in eventually pursuing upper-level coursework in economics (e.g., as part of a dual-degree program or an economics minor) should consult with their advisor about the appropriate economics courses in which to begin.
* ECON 010 must be taken for a grade, not pass/fail.