Using XCAT to Transfer Credit

Wharton single-degree students and dual-degree students whose home school is Wharton should use the External Course Approval Tool (XCAT) to request credit for any coursework done at another institution. All other students should consult with their home school. Please review the policies on transferring credits after matriculation before proceeding.

To get courses approved for transfer credit, please follow the following steps:

  1. Sign on to XCAT and follow the instructions to receive academic department approval from the University of Pennsylvania. Remember to submit your request to the correct academic department.
  2. Once you have received department approval (the message “Dept approved, in division queue” will appear in the status of your course request), email Mike O’Brien to notify him that your coursework has been approved.
  3. Submit one official transcript from the institution at which you completed your coursework. This transcript can be dropped off or mailed to:

Wharton Undergraduate Division
Attn: Mike O’Brien
1400 Steinberg Hall-Dietrich Hall
3620 Locust Walk
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6302

If you have any questions, please contact Mike O’Brien.