Important Information and Updates
Penn and Wharton COVID-19 wellness information for students:
- Use PennOpen Pass on a daily basis. You must have a Green Pass to be in a Wharton building.
- Schedule a screening test once every 2 weeks throughout the fall semester (those with an approved COVID-19 vaccine exemption should test twice weekly).
- If you receive a Red Pass for non-compliance, visit the Compliance FAQ to learn how to get back to Green Pass status.
- Check the University’s announcements page, Public Health Guidance page, and student FAQ for the most up-to-date information.
- Contact the COVID Resource Center with any questions.
Undergraduate Advising & Staff Appointments
Advising Appointments: Advising is by appointment only for fall 2021. Note that appointments can be made up to 12 hours in advance. Visit the advising services page to make an appointment. New appointments will be released on Thursday afternoons.
Student Life Appointments: To make an appointment with a member of the student life team, click here.
Vice Dean Appointments: Please email Megan Cuadrado to schedule an appointment.
Student Counseling/CAPS Embed Services: You can make an appointment with Courtney Hutchison or Abe Zubarev by calling Student Counseling/CAPS (215.898.7021, press 2) during business hours and identifying yourself as a Wharton student seeking to see one of the Wharton embed clinicians (you may also email Courtney at email@example.com directly to set up an appointment).
- Courtney is available on Tuesdays, 3-7pm and on Thursdays, 9am-1pm.
- Abe is available on Tuesdays, 1-5pm and Wednesdays, 9am-2pm for in-person sessions in JMHH 418.
All students can speak directly to a Student Counseling/CAPS clinician 24/7 by calling 215-898-7021. All students can also make appointments by calling or dropping in at the main office at 3624 Market Street during business hours.