How can I go about finding a faculty mentor for my research project?
To find a mentor you can reach out to the following resources:
- Peers who have done research, e.g., peer advisors or Wharton Undergraduate Research Board members.
- Dr. Utsav Schurmans, Senior Associate Director of Research and Scholars Programs or your academic advisor.
- Finally, if you know a general area of research and would like help connecting to the appropriate faculty in a specific department, you can reach out to members of the Wharton Council for Undergraduate Research.
Of course if you know a specific faculty member who makes sense, feel free to reach out to them directly.
Where can I find examples of previous Wharton undergraduate research projects?
Please see examples of previous research papers at ScholarlyCommons@Penn.
How do I join the undergraduate research listserv?
- Go to apps.wharton.upenn.edu/mailinglist/.
- Choose the Find a Wharton List link on the left side of the page.
- Search for the “undergraduate-research” mailing list.
- Click the Subscribe link.