Exceptions to the Wharton undergraduate academic policies can only be granted by approval of the Undergraduate Petitions Committee. Students who wish to petition the Committee should submit a petition to the Undergraduate Division using the form linked to on this page.
Please note the following:
- Dual-degree students should address their petitions for degree requirement exceptions to the school(s) whose degree requirements are affected. Dual-degree students who are seeking other exceptions (such as a course load increase, deadline exception, or late change of grade type) should submit their petition to their home school. In some cases, a petition to both schools will be required.
- Petitions involving medical considerations require medical documentation.
- Requests for course load increases will not be considered until a week after student course schedules for the relevant semester have been released.
- Petitions for course load increases require a course plan for your remaining semesters at Penn.
- Students who would like a Penn course reviewed to see if it will satisfy a particular Wharton requirement (e.g., CCP, Gen Eds, Global) should use the Course Approval Form.
You will receive a confirmation e-mail once your petition has been submitted.
For all inquiries, please contact your advisor or the petitions team at firstname.lastname@example.org