Welcome, Class of 2026! This website will help you make the most of your first year at Penn.
- Communications from Wharton—Email is the primary channel for communications, but you can also engage with your peers and School administrators on social media.
- Curriculum and Requirements—Learn about course requirements and placement and view a sample curriculum to see what courses you should be taking your first semester.
- External Exam Credit—See how AP, IB, or A-Level test scores can be applied toward Wharton requirements.
- Academic Advising—Find your academic advisor.
- Student Life—Learn about cohorts and Wharton clubs. Find your cohort leaders. Explore campus life and the larger Penn community.
- 2022-2023 Wharton Undergraduate Student Handbook—download or print your summer reading! Learn all about the curriculum, requirements, policies, and more.
May 2-10: Final Examinations
May 10: Spring Term Ends
May 15: Wharton Undergraduate Graduation Ceremony
May 16: Penn Commencement
May 23: Summer Session I and 11-Week Session classes begin
May 30: Memorial Day observed (no classes)
June 20: Juneteenth observed (no classes)
June 27: Advance Registration begins for incoming first-year and transfer students
June 29: Summer Session I classes end
June 30: Summer Session II classes begin
July 4: Independence Day observed (no classes)
July 15: Advance Registration ends for incoming first-year and transfer students
July 26: Fall 2022 Course Selection reopens @ 7am for all students
September 2: Wharton Club Fair, 3-6pm, Koo Plaza, JMHH 2nd Floor
September 5: Labor Day (no classes)
September 13: Course Selection Period Ends
October 6-9: Fall Break
October 10: Drop Period Ends
October 22: Homecoming
October 28: Last Day to Change Grade Type
October 31: Advance Registration for Spring Begins
November 7: Last Day to Withdraw from a Course¹
November 11-13: Family Weekend
November 13: Advance Registration Ends
November 22: Follow Thursday Class Schedule
November 23: Follow Friday Class Schedule
November 24-27: Thanksgiving Break
December 12: Last Day of Classes
December 13-14: Reading Days
December 15-22: Final Examinations
December 22: Fall Term Ends
January 11, 2023: First Day of Spring Classes (Monday Classes on a Wednesday)
January 16: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Observed (no classes)
January 24: Course Selection (Add) Period Ends
February 20: Drop Period Ends
March 4-12: Spring Break
March 17: Last Day to Change a Grade Type
March 20: Advance Registration for Fall and Summer Begins
March 27: Last Day to Withdraw from a Course ¹
April 2: Advance Registration for Fall Ends
April 26: Last Day of Classes
April 27-30: Reading Days
May 1-9: Final Examinations
May 9: Spring Term Ends
May 14: Wharton Undergraduate Graduation Ceremony
May 15: Penn Commencement
May 22: Summer Session I and 11-Week Session classes begin
May 29: Memorial Day observed (no classes)
¹ Please note that some courses have earlier withdrawal deadlines. Students must abide by deadlines and policies published by faculty.