Every student is encouraged to take part in an international experience during their time at Wharton, whether through study abroad, service-learning projects, club trips, or research programs. Going abroad provides unparalleled opportunities to learn languages, experience different cultures and economies, discover new strengths, and gain a more sophisticated global perspective.
A variety of for-credit global programs are available to Wharton undergraduates from semester- and year-long study abroad programs to short-term programs ranging from several days to a several weeks in length. We encourage students to explore the opportunities below.
Semester/year abroad programs
- Students have a number of program options, including Wharton-approved programs, where they can take business and liberal arts and sciences courses, and College-approved programs, where they can take liberal arts and sciences courses. Learn more >>
Short-term abroad programs
- Penn Summer Abroad: Faculty-led courses that range from 1 to 6 weeks in length.
- Penn Global Seminars: Semester-long on-campus courses that include a short-term international travel component.
- Wharton Global Modular Courses: Business courses that run from 3 to 7 days during school breaks and feature lectures, and project- and team-based experiential learning in various countries.
- Wharton International Program: 7-9 day business courses that combine lectures at partner schools, business visits, alumni networking, and cultural excursions.