Global Modular Courses (GMCs) are offered in an intensive workshop format over three to seven days during school breaks. Open to MBA, Executive MBA and undergraduate juniors and seniors,* these modular courses are intended to provide unique educational experiences to students in a regional context that has particular resonance with the topic. The diversity of the student body coming from Wharton, each course’s ties to a local partner university, and the opportunity to engage with prominent regional leaders make GMCs extremely dynamic and exciting learning experiences for everyone involved. Each year, a variety of courses are offered in different countries around the world.
Please note the following:
- As a reminder, you must request a course load increase if you want to take more than 5.5 CUs.
- In the links below, we have provided the most recent syllabus currently available, which in most cases is the last time the course was offered.
- GMC courses will have either a $250 course fee or a required travel package. Classes with a travel package are noted below. Additional information on travel packages will be provided when you accept your seat in the class. The travel package or course fee will be billed to your Penn Bursar bill.
- The cost of travel to the course location and all other associated expenses (e.g., visa, room and board) will be the responsibility of the students. Travel packages will include internal transportation, hotel accommodations, hotel WiFi, and some meals, but not transportation to and from the class, visas, incidentals, etc.
- Financial aid is available to students who receive financial aid from Penn. Your financial aid package for the GMC will be sent shortly after the decision letters go out.
- Most GMCs require an essay, which you be able to see once you are in the registration system.
Register for the May Global Modular Courses by Wednesday, January 22, at 11:59 PM EDT. You will be notified of the results of your request in approximately one week after registration closes.
Competitive Advantage in the Leisure Industries: Spain (0.5 cu) Essay Required Description
Travel Package Required
Professors Mauro Guillen and Emilie Feldman | Madrid and Andalusia, Spain
The course will begin in Seville at 1 pm on May 18 and end at 5 pm on Friday in Madrid.
To apply, you must be 21 years of age at the start of the class.
May 18-22, 2020
Technology, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship (0.5 cu) Essay Required Syllabus
Travel Package Required
Professors Rahul Kapoor and Ignacio Pena | Buenos Aires, Argentina and Santiago, Chile
May 25-29, 2020
Marketing in Emerging Economies: Understanding & Marketing to the Chinese Consumer (0.5 cu) Syllabus
Professor John Zhang | Shanghai, China | Local Partner: Shanghai Advanced Institute of Finance (SAIF), Shanghai Jiaotong University
May 25-27, 2020