Global Modular Courses (GMCs) are offered in an intensive workshop format over three to seven days during school breaks. Open to MBA, Executive MBA and undergraduate juniors and seniors,* these modular courses are intended to provide unique educational experiences to students in a regional context that has particular resonance with the topic. The diversity of the student body coming from Wharton, each course’s ties to a local partner university, and the opportunity to engage with prominent regional leaders make GMCs extremely dynamic and exciting learning experiences for everyone involved. Each year, a variety of courses are offered in different countries around the world.
Winter Break Courses 2019-2020
Please note the following:
- Winter break courses will be listed as spring semester classes. In the links below, we have provided the most recent syllabus available.
- GMC courses will have either a $250 course fee or a required travel package. Classes with a travel package are noted below. Additional information on travel packages will be provided when you accept your seat in the class. The travel package or course fee will be billed to your Penn Bursar bill.
- The cost of travel to the course location and all other associated expenses (e.g., visa, room and board) will be the responsibility of the students, with the exception of the classes that require purchase of a group travel package. In general, travel packages will include internal transportation, hotel accommodations, hotel WiFi, and some meals, but not transportation to and from the class, visas, incidentals etc.
- Financial aid is available to students who receive financial aid from Penn. Your financial aid package for the GMC will be sent shortly after the decision letters go out.
- Only juniors and seniors are eligible to apply for the winter break GMCs.
Register for the winter break courses by 11:59 PM on September 23. You will be notified of the results of your request within a week after registration closes. Registration for the spring break GMCs will be at a later date.
WH 216: Finance in Emerging Markets: Turkey (0.5 cu) Syllabus
TRAVEL PACKAGE REQUIRED (Estimate $1,100 to $1,500)
Professors Nihat Bülent Gültekin and Bilge Yılmaz | Istanbul, Turkey
January 5-8, 2020
WH 212: Lessons from Israeli Innovation (0.5 cu) Syllabus
Professors David Hsu and David Zvilichovsky | Tel-Aviv, Israel | Local Partner: Coller School of Management, TAU
December 30, 2019 – January 2, 2020
WH 212: Managing in Emerging Economies: Brazil’s Economic Recovery and Corporate Champions (0.5) Syllabus
TRAVEL PACKAGE REQUIRED (Double $1,000/Single $1,300)
Professor Mauro Guillén | Sao Paulo, Brazil
January 5-8, 2020
WH 216: Marketing to the Indian Consumer (0.5 CU) Syllabus
TRAVEL PACKAGE REQUIRED (Double $550/Single $850)
Professor Raju Jagmohan | Mumbai, India
January 6-8, 2020
WH 210: Tech and Entrepreneurship in India (0.5 cu) Syllabus
Professor Kartik Hosanager | Bangalore, India
January 1-4, 2020