An integral part of your second year is the Wharton Sophomore Experience. Opportunities are planned throughout the year that will help you prepare academically, explore career options, develop leadership skills, and make connections while maintaining your health and well-being. And when you participate, you earn incentives. The more activities completed, the more giveaways and incentives you will receive.
Each Wharton sophomore has an online Guide to Personal Success (GPS) that tracks their individual activities and accomplishments. All students have to do is take part in the activities listed in the categories below and check that their attendance/participation is registered. The Undergraduate Division will process the attendance information, and the student will earn incentive items.
Specific information about qualifying events will be emailed to sophomores on a regular basis.
- Wharton Undergraduate Division academic advising appointment
- Wharton undergraduate research information session
- Penn Abroad information session and/or meeting with a Penn Abroad staff member
- Weingarten Learning Resource Center, Learning Resources Center (WLRC) appointment
- Lippincott librarian appointment
- The Wharton Sophomore Experience Kick-off Event
- Sophomore Socials
- Wharton Virtual Club Fair
- Wharton Council tradition
- Wharton Undergraduate Leadership Forum (WULF)
- Wharton Leadership Venture
- McNulty Leadership Development (Undergraduate) Workshop
- Leadership role in a Wharton club/student organization 1
- Cohort mentor program (serve as a mentor)
- Wharton student organization conference
- Civic engagement with the Civic House
1 Wharton Undergraduate Division staff will work with Wharton-specific clubs to determine this list. While we recognize there are many leadership positions beyond Wharton, we are currently only able to track those in Wharton-specific clubs.