Spring 2020 destinations:
- Argentina (general business) | March 7-15
- Sweden & Denmark (retail) | May 12-22
- England & Ireland (general business) | May 18-29
Applications are no longer being accepted.
WIP (WH 298) is a short-term international business course that is fully escorted by the Wharton Undergraduate Division. The program gives undergraduate students an amazing global opportunity featuring business site visits, lectures at our partner schools, cultural excursions, and networking opportunities with undergraduate students and business contacts from the destination countries.
In addition to learning about another country’s business environment and culture, students earn 0.5 course units that can be used towards business-breadth or elective credits. Three WIP courses are offered each year.
WIP courses are designed to:
- Provide an understanding of a region’s business and cultural environment
- Help students gain a working knowledge of local business practices through lectures at partner schools and direct interaction with business managers
- Explore the value of different business models
- Promote intercultural awareness and communication
- Help prepare students for careers in the global economy
All Penn undergraduates are eligible to apply. Students must be in good academic standing and selection to this short-term global adventure is through a highly competitive application process. Financial assistance is available.
For more information, please contact Lee Kramer, Director, at email@example.com.
“I loved how much I learned about Japan, its culture, and how incredible and academically fulfilling the company visits were.”
“The Germany WIP trip was a very comprehensive experience that exceeded my expectations. I enjoyed the close interactions with the retailers, but also how the trip allowed us to understand how culture has many underlying influences on the way that retail is conducted.”