Spring 2019 destinations:
- Colombia (general business | March 2-10)
- Italy (retail | May 15-24)
- China (general business | May 20-30)
Applications were due Sunday, October 21, 2018.
WIP (WH 298) is a short-term international business course that is fully escorted by the Wharton Undergraduate Division. The program gives undergraduate students an amazing global opportunity featuring business site visits, lectures at our partner schools, cultural excursions, and networking opportunities with undergraduate students and business contacts from the destination countries.
In addition to learning about another country’s business environment and culture, students earn 0.5 course units that can be used towards business-breadth or elective credits. Three WIP courses are offered each year.
WIP courses are designed to:
- Provide an understanding of a region’s business and cultural environment
- Help students gain a working knowledge of local business practices through lectures at partner schools and direct interaction with business managers
- Explore the value of different business models
- Promote intercultural awareness and communication
- Help prepare students for careers in the global economy
All Penn undergraduates are eligible to apply. Students must be in good academic standing and selection to this short-term global adventure is through a highly competitive application process. Financial assistance is available.
For more information, please contact Lee Kramer, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The WIP trip was a great way to get to learn about business and technology in a different environment and it was interesting to compare what we learned on the trip to what I had studied during my first year at Wharton. I think the length of the trip really allowed us to get to know the culture in Israel and truly explore the country.”
“The Botswana/South Africa WIP trip was incredible and exceeded my expectations. I loved every single second of it, whether we were visiting universities or companies, sitting down for a hearty meal, learning about the culture and history, taking in the breathtaking views, or chatting with our new friends.”