The add, drop, and withdrawal deadlines for full-semester courses can be found in the Penn Academic Calendar and half-semester courses on the Wharton 0.5 CU Courses page. Please also note the following:
- After the first two weeks of the fall or spring semester, students may request additional courses only with the permission of the instructors and with approval from the Undergraduate Petitions Committee.
- Some courses and academic departments have different rules governing their course selection, drop and withdrawal policies. Consult the department websites and individual faculty for more information.
- Students who are receiving financial aid should check with Student Registration & Financial Services before dropping a course, since some packages require a minimum number of credits per semester.
- International students have strict course-load requirements and must consult with Penn ISSS about their course load.
- Students who want to drop a half-CU course that meets in the second half of the semester will need to do this through their home school.
- Students who wish to withdraw from a course, should review the withdrawal policies.
- Summer courses have different deadlines. Consult the Penn Summer website for more information.
It is the student’s responsibility to properly enroll in courses. Students should use Path@Penn to ensure that their schedule is correct.