A registration hold may be placed on a student’s record to prevent the student from registering until action has been taken to resolve a specific issue. If students are unable to register using Path@Penn, they must contact the relevant office to determine the cause of the hold and resolve it in a timely manner. Students may see what registration holds, if any, have been placed on their account by reading the messages on Path@Penn.
Types of registration holds:
- Required Advising: A single-degree, first-year student who has not spoken with their academic advisor regarding registration.
- Financial: A student who has a past due balance on their student billing account. Contact Student Financial Services.
- Required Contact Information: A student who needs to update their contact and emergency notification information. Contact SRFS.
- Public Health: A student who does not have up-to-date insurance and immunization records. Contact Student Health and Counseling.
- Judicial: A student facing a judicial action or inquiry concerning the student. Contact the Center for Community Standards and Accountability
Note that dual-degree students may be subject to additional types of holds.