Beginning in fall 2023, all Wharton undergraduates over the age of 18 have free access to two leading wellness apps in addition to the resources provided by Student Health and Counseling.
Enroll using your @upenn.edu email address at work.headspace.com/thewhartonschool/member-enroll.* As with all apps, Wharton Computing recommends good security practices, like using biometric authentication.
Feel like your best self with guided mindfulness activities:
- Sleepcasts: Bedtime audio for deeper sleep and restful nights.
- The Wake Up: Bite-sized videos, curated for daily inspiration
- Focus: Music and meditations designed to get you in the zone
- Move Mode: Quick workouts and guided cardio for body and mind
Headspace Care (formerly “Ginger”) is a platform for one-on-one coaching support:
- Support with everyday challenges: Coaches can help with managing difficult emotions, improving your sleep, or help you set and stick to your well-being goals.
- Text-based chats: Coaching happens through text messages, so it’s private and convenient.
- Real people, available in-the-moment: Coaches have a graduate degree in psychology or a related field, schedule a time to connect today.
- Confidential: Your health information and conversation are secure and protected by law.
Is this free to use?
Yes! Wharton undergraduates have complimentary access while they are enrolled at the University.
* I am having trouble enrolling, what do I do?
Please make sure to do the following:
- Use your @upenn.edu email for enrollment/verification.
- Check your Promotions and Spam folders if you don’t receive a verification email.
- Check any email address your @upenn email might be forwarded to if you don’t receive the verification email.
Also note that only Wharton undergrads who are 18 years of age and older can enroll at Headspace.
Do I need to download both apps?
Students have access to both apps and can choose to download one or both of the apps based on their individual needs. The apps are integrated with one another but both must be downloaded to access their separate features.
How do I use the apps?
What should I do in a crisis or for long-term wellness needs?
Please see Student Health and Counseling for support and resources.